Floatcoat Ship-2-Shore PLID Wet Film
Ship-2-Shore PLID Fluid Thin Film Float Coat is highly effective as a rust inhibitor when applied to difficult to access surfaces using several floatation methods. Stop rust, corrosion and electrolysis 100%
Made for Industry
Highly resistant to salt water and salt spray, PLID Fluid Thin Film Float Coat penetrates existing rust, displaces moisture and sticks to base metal forming a highly adherent protective barrier that stops rust and corrosion 100%.
PLID Fluid Thin Film Float Coat requires no preparation for clean or moderately corroded surfaces. Heavily corroded surfaces may require several flotation applications spaced six months or more apart.
Dielectric to 40,000 volts. Stop electrolysis between dissimilar metals. Safe and effective for electric wires and electrical components. Ship-2-Shore PLID fluid thin film float coat is classified non-hazardous, non-flammable and non-toxic.
Anti corrosion and rust remover coating for marine and offshore applications such as
- Void spaces
- Ship rudder voids
- Bilge keels
- Sponson voids
- Double hull voids on all types of ships
- Void spaces and coffer dams on offshore oil platforms and oil drilling support vessels
- Legs of offshore structures
- Cargo hold
* PLID Fluid Thin Film Float Coat is Industry Canada approved. Approved under government design spec MILR-21006 (Ships) Navy Ballast Tank Protective Coating Specification. Navy and Coast Guard proven.
PLID fluid thin film float coat, when floated up, will yield 100% coverage of all surfaces contacted in one operation, no special procedures required. PLID fluid thin film float coat attaches to metal surface at approximately 1 mil thickness.
Comes in 4 litre bottle (1gal), 20 litre pail (5gal) and 205 litre drum (55gal)
Float coat application method
Spray apply or flotation method; calculate the volume of material required for a 1 mil coat on all surfaces. Coverage per liter of PLID fluid thin film at 1 mil. = 410 square feet. Add additional PLID fluid film so several inches remains on the surface of the water after it has been drained down. PLID float coat contacts the top of the unit, drain out the water leaving the extra product in the unit.
For units with heavy rust scales proceed as above but allow more time and volume of PLID Fluid Thin Film to penetrate into the rust scale. A second fill/ drain floatation procedure may be required.
Note: Be aware, for heavily rusted surfaces, after a few months heavy rust scale may delaminate and begin falling off. This may cause clogging of pump screens etc. A second floatation application may be required at least six months later as most rust scale will have fallen off, leaving unprotected metal.
PLID Fluid thin film may also be used as a liquid descaler.
"Ultimate in moisture and corrosion protection"
I want to...
Get more details & prices
100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
- For best results: Apply PLID fluid thin film first to penetrate. For long lasting corrosion protection, coat with Ship-2-Shore Industrial fluid thin film. Ensure no loose debris present then apply with aerosol spray, brush, airless paint sprayer, or mop. Environment Friendly and user safe. Can be applied to damp surfaces.
- Industry Canada approved. Navy and Coast Guard proven.
- Made in Canada. Product ships from Canada and USA.